Author Topic: Where da fuck ya'll at?  (Read 24387 times)

Offline Humpo

• Accomplished Forum Whore
    • View Profile
Where da fuck ya'll at?
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:10:57 PM »
How many of you hobos still playing XI? and how many of you have been demoted to XIV?

F.U.S.E.

Offline Papasmurf / KingAFK

• Mister Gil Bank
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Drama dot ORG
Re: Where da fuck ya'll at?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:22:36 AM »
Haha.

Kingafk on Shiva. Papasmurf was taken during world merge so I had to pick a new one. JP friends called me King AFK for years so I took it and kept it. :D

I actually hated "Papasmurf" a little as I picked it because I figured I would pay for 1-2 months then quite during the first part of 2004.. What year is it now? haha

Offline Humpo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »
Almost jelly.  I tried going back twice. Once on a bought toon, but it wasn't hump.  another time after 99 cap became a thing.  Made it to 85 via getting dragged but ugh. Just wasn't fun.

F.U.S.E.

Offline Tanag

• Forum Member
  • Wrong place at the wrong time.
    • View Profile
    • Tanag's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:19:45 PM »
I'm not currently subbed but now that summer is dying down I plan to come back.  I'll be back for the final Rhapsodies patch for sure. 
I'm still Tanaga on Shiva.

Some wretched little shit stole Tanag way back when the Alexander merge happened.  I actually suspect it was one of my rl friends trolling me...

75 RDM - 75 PLD - 75 RNG - 63 NIN - 62 BLM - 51DRK - 37DRG - 37WAR - 37SAM - 99+2 Clothcraft

• Mister Gil Bank
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 05:10:17 PM »
I'm not currently subbed but now that summer is dying down I plan to come back.  I'll be back for the final Rhapsodies patch for sure. 
I'm still Tanaga on Shiva.

Some wretched little shit stole Tanag way back when the Alexander merge happened.  I actually suspect it was one of my rl friends trolling me...

Stole, the name or your whole character?!

Papasmurf name was already taken so I changed to Kingafk, something a lot of my JP friends called me .. for a very valid reason. lol.

Offline Tanag

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Tanag's Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »
Oh just the name.  I'm still the original Tanag :D

75 RDM - 75 PLD - 75 RNG - 63 NIN - 62 BLM - 51DRK - 37DRG - 37WAR - 37SAM - 99+2 Clothcraft

Offline Humpo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:48:33 PM »
That's one of the weird things about playing FFXIV.  For like 10 bucks, you can rename your character.  Or maybe its 5? idk. i don't pay attention, i'm to cheap for that shit.

Also race changing is HIGHLY normal.

F.U.S.E.

Offline Tanag

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Tanag's Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 07:17:23 PM »
I'm really surprised FFXI never got hair/face/race changing.  We even have an NPC and quest line named Brygid The Stylist.  The perfect setup!
It's pretty trivial from a coding stand point.  Even with SE spaghetti code it can't be THAT hard.  Woulda been an easy money maker for them.  Name changes as well.  We know they had the capability to change names since GMs could force it.

I actually tried to make a mule named Tanag earlier this year and it was still taken.  So whoever trolled me went for the long con!

• Mister Gil Bank
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
I'm really surprised FFXI never got hair/face/race changing.  We even have an NPC and quest line named Brygid The Stylist.  The perfect setup!
It's pretty trivial from a coding stand point.  Even with SE spaghetti code it can't be THAT hard.  Woulda been an easy money maker for them.  Name changes as well.  We know they had the capability to change names since GMs could force it.

I actually tried to make a mule named Tanag earlier this year and it was still taken.  So whoever trolled me went for the long con!

Yeah, even if an account is inactive, the name is taken until the toon is deleted.

As for the changes.. It would be cake work to code that in and then charge whatever you want. Their logic is, there is race specific gear..But these things can be adjusted.

Offline Humpo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 10:40:05 PM »
The problem with that is PS2 limitations.  lololol.

There are very few options for changing face and stuff in xi.  However, in xiv, it seems its the only reason people play the game. "how slutty can i make myself look" seems to an endgame goal for most of the shitty casuals that come by and play for a month before going back to whatever shit hole they crawled out of.

F.U.S.E.

Offline Tanag

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Tanag's Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 10:42:10 PM »

Yeah, even if an account is inactive, the name is taken until the character is deleted.

Yeah I figured after half a decade they might have deleted the character, but no luck!

Offline Naraz

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 02:03:50 AM »
Yeah, even if an account is inactive, the name is taken until the character is deleted.

[/quote]

feel like you be talking about me, then again im casual constant

Offline Tanag

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Tanag's Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »
I resubbed cause I'm a sucker.  I am excited for the final Rhapsodies missions though.

Feel free to message me or toss me a pearl if anyone is still around.

Offline Ruch

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 11:54:33 PM »
Hyriu or layowen

Offline Ruch

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 11:55:36 PM »
Im gonna log on too

I'm feeling lucky since I pulled a m Kris out of the gobbiebox.